Waiheke High School teachers have already started their remote learning programmes, following their teaching timetable. Your child should already be actively participating in their online learning.
You should expect that:
– If a student has a class that has only one period a week, eg Health or Wairua, teachers will place something into Google Classroom each week on the day of that timetabled class.
– If a student has a class that has two or three periods a week, eg Inquiry, junior PE or a junior option subject, they will have at least one online learning experience with each class, either Meet, Zoom, Loom or Screencastify. This will be during one of their timetabled periods.
– If a student has a class that has four or five periods a week, they will have at least two online learning experiences with each class, either Meet, Zoom, Loom or Screencastify. This will be during two of their timetabled periods a week.
– That teachers will take a roll of students’ attendance and engagement.
– That parents and caregivers receive a summary of work via google classroom.
– That whānau teachers have an online whānau meeting once a week. This should be at afternoon whānau time, ie 1:50 to 2:10 on a Monday, Wednesday or Friday.