Our Tumuaki / Principal
Ko te pae tawhiti, whāia kia tata, ko te pae tata, whakamaua kia tina. Pursue distant horizons so they may be close and cherish those you attain.
At Waiheke High School students are encouraged and inspired to pursue their goals to the furthest horizon. Students are the centre of decision making and all that we do. We set high expectations, challenge and empower students to be the best version of themselves. Furthermore, we encourage students to celebrate their successes, and learn from their failures.
Waiheke High School is for all residents of Waiheke’s diverse community. Our vision is to provide ako torowhānui/holistic education through academic, cultural and sporting opportunities. We encourage students to be active contributors to the Waiheke community.
Ko te manu kai te miro, nōnā te ngahere, ko te manu kai te mātauranga, nōnā te ao.
The bird that eats the miro berry consumes the forest. The bird that consumes knowledge owns the world.
Waiheke High School offers your child:
- Excellent academic and NCEA results and specialised teachers for Years 7 & 8
- Highly skilled and recognised staff
- Whanaungatanga – small class sizes and individualised learning (especially for seniors)
- Strong Sea Sports and Outdoor Education programmes
- A great range of cultural, sporting and extra-curricular opportunities for all ākonga
- Exceptional student support services – Nurse, Doctor, Guidance Counsellor, Psychologist.
- A range of leadership opportunities for students
- Unique location, identity and localised curriculum